The Sydney Metropolitan CMA, Blacktown Council and the Stormwater Industry Assocation of NSW have partnered to deliver WSUD Typical Drawings for the design of stormwater treatment systems modified for local conditions. Designed by Equatica and peer reviewed by Brown Consulting, the drawings illustrate the key features of the treatment system, giving typical dimensions and specifications, but also showing where variation is possible. Councils should vary the drawings to suit their own needs (for example, to fit with their standard street furniture or paving). The Typical Drawings include:
- Miscellaneous construction considerations (eg. design, construction and reference specifications);
- Simple bioretention system (e.g. in a park or landscaped area);
- Bioretention system for a steep site (where a retaining wall is required);
- Bioretention system in footpath (e.g. as a street tree or garden bed);
- Bioretention system in roadway (e.g. as a traffic calming device);
- Standard swale;
- Swale for steep sites.