The WSUD in Sydney has developed and/or funded the development of WSUD Interim Reference Guidelines for Concept Designs; Construction and Establishment for Swales, Bioretention Systems and Wetlands; and Standard Drawings.
The WSUD Interim Reference Guideline – Concept Design was produced to enable the local application of the South East Queensland’s (SEQ) Water by Design Program’s Concept Design Guidelines for WSUD. The SEQ document seeks to assist multi-disciplinary teams conceptualise and develop design solutions that integrate best practice sustainable urban water management within the urban form.
The Interim Reference Concept Design Guidelines does not replace the SEQ document, rather it replaces Queensland references with Sydney specific alternatives only. Including:
- Design Objectives – Conservation and Stormwater Quality;
- Drivers for WSUD in Sydney;
- Key Sydney based considerations;
- Case Studies – Retrofit Open Space & Town Centre.
WSUD Interim Reference Guideline -Construction & Establishment for Swales, Bioretention Systems & Wetlands
The WSUD Interim Reference Guideline – Construction and Establishment for Swales, Bioretention Systems and Wetlands was produced to enable the local application of the South East Queensland’s (SEQ) Water by Design (WBD) Program’s Construction and Establishment Guidelines for Swales, Bioretention Systems and Wetlands. Please note, WBD charge practitioners for the right to download the document for a period of 2 years from purchase: $100 (1-5 employees), $200 (6-20 employees) and $600 (20 plus employees).
The SEQ document seeks to provide guidance on common construction and establishment issues associated with the delivery of vegetated WSUD elements. Assisting practitioners to avoid common faults and potential failure at the delivery and design stage.
The Interim Construction and Establishment Guidelines do not replace the SEQ document, rather it replaces Queensland references with Sydney specific alternatives only. The guidelines can be used to:
- Improve civil and landscape designs and specifications avoiding complications and rectification works;
- Establish roles and responsibilities, including hold points;
- Assist in the staging and timing of material supply, earthworks, planting, protecting, and maintenance;
- Quickly and clearly illustrate construction techniques to civil and landscape construction crews;
- Guide the inspection and assessment processes.